The Collective Impact Forum, an initiative of the Aspen Institute Forum for Community Solutions and FSG, is hosting the field’s annual Collective Impact Action Summit on April 25 – 27, 2023.
In 2023, this virtual event is designed around the theme of “Coming Together to Work Together.” Over three days, participants will find both inspiration and practical advice for how to engage in community collaborations that center equity and belonging in collective impact work. This experience of true belonging is a prerequisite for deep, equity centered, community collaboration … the only way to achieve collective impact.
The 2023 Collective Impact Action Summit is designed to strengthen place-based collaboratives’ ability to center equity at every juncture. The event will feature:
- Plenary keynotes featuring a conversation between Ruchika Tulshyan (author of Inclusion on Purpose: An Intersectional Approach to Creating a Culture of Belonging at Work) and Melody Barnes (Aspen Forum for Community Solutions)
- Over 20 practical sessions that elevate examples of centering equity in collective impact from across the globe. Sessions will dive into five themes: Grounding the work in data and context, and target solutions; Focusing on systems change, in addition to programs and services; Shifting and sharing power within a collaborative; Listening to and acting with community; and Building equity leadership and accountability
- Recordings of conference sessions available for attendees to view after the event
- Opportunity to connect, learn, and network with over 1,000 changemakers and leading practitioners from around the world
The 2023 Action Summit builds on the success of our 2022 event:
- Over 1,250 participants from 49 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, as well as nearly 40 countries
- Nearly 90% of participants reported that the summit helped them advance their collective impact work, and nearly 90% said they would recommend the Action Summit to a colleague or friend
- Over 98% of participants reported that themes of diversity, equity and inclusion were well-represented in the Action Summit content, presenters and panelists
- In post-event feedback, participants shared the following: “Powerful vision and tangible, real examples. Always great speakers, with a focus on equity and stories of people engaged in the work,” and “There was a wide variety of topics and speakers that made the event dynamic! It was also very well organized and easy to navigate virtually.”